Baghdad - this beautiful city on Tigris River - where today troops of the aggressive forces are trying to surround it and defeat it. A capital for the Islamic State and for the world, where Muslims ruled the world for hundreds of years. Baghdad, the center of culture and sciences, where Christians and Jews lived safe and sound with the freedom to practice their religion for hundreds of years. Baghdad, the Arab Muslim city standing its grounds, in the old days surrounded by the Mongol Tatar who violated its pure sacred land, slaughtering its women and children, is being surrounded by the Tatars of today. Who claim they come to rescue people from a 10-year old sanctions. Well, they were the ones who imposed the sanctions in the first place and now that this is not enough, now they claim to free those people by killing, destroying houses, killing men, women and children, Those who say “Lord! Raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee one who will help!"
Do you know Muslim Youth that the sanctity and prohibition of the Muslim blood is more than the sanctity of the Kaaba. And we should be afraid for Allah’s judgment more of that on our sins and mistakes. “And you thought it to be a light matter, while it was most serious in the sight of Allah”
Do you know that we will be held accountable before Allah on what did we do to our Islam and to our Omma,
But before we decide what to do to our brothers and sisters in Iraq, you have to know that what we are suffering from today is not just the crisis in Iraq but also it is the crisis of the past 100 years, the Omma is suffering from many diseases,
1. Being away from Allah and abandoning the heaven laws.
2. Scientific and technologic retardation
3. Morals and behavioral collapse
4. Following bad examples without having the vision of what to follow and what not.
5. Division and looking for personal interests more than the interest of the state and the Omma
6. Wrong interpretation of Islam
As a result, our Omma lost its consciousness, lost its awareness of its goals, interests, and identity. This of course encourage its enemies to think low of us and try to convince us that their vanity is truth and that their greed is fair. Muslims are suffering from disappointment, despair in addition to confusion and impotence.
So symptoms of the disease appeared in the body of the Omma as the disease affects a sick body. May be this social disease is more dangerous than the physical illness because it affects the minds and stop the brains and causes dullness of the emotions. That’s why the honest people of this Omma are screaming and asking how to get out, is there light in the end of the tunnel, is there guidance after being lost. Is this reality going to change? We want to change this spiteful reality.
But no change will happen to the Omma reality except by following the divine social rule: This law is “Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)” From 13: 11.
This law is not an empty logo, but it is the only way to get out of the hardships we are suffering.
But no change will happen in our lives except if we start by changing ourselves. The injustice that is being inflicted on Muslims will not be removed except if we change ourselves “Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)” From 13: 11. Now we may ask what is the needed change in our souls: Ten things should happen:
1. We should repent to Allah instead of disobeying Him.
2. Obedience of the Quraan and Sunna should replace the dullness
3. Seriousness, manly behaviors, and high spirits should replace laxness, laziness, and dullness.
4. Giving superior attention to scientific superiority and creativity should replace thinking dullness.
5. Positivism should replace negativity.
6. Feeling to belong to the Omma should replace western following.
7. Fruitful and important work should replace emptiness and wasting the time in trivial things.
8. Comprehensive understanding of Islam should replace the misunderstanding or the incomplete understanding.
9. Prioritization of the society and Omma on individualism and selfishness.
10. Hope should replace despair.
These are not just nice words to move the emotions but they are the fundamentals of the law of change “Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)” From 13: 11
Everyday you might ask, what to do, this is the answer, change those 10 things and wait for Allah’s victory. Allah will then change the history. Islam has started with youth in your age. I feel that these 10 things are important and they are the most important work for the youth of the Omma. You are the most people in the society capable of change. You have the enthusiasm, power, and high spirits. With high sprits nations survive. If you change these 10 things inside yourselves and they became dominant between the people, know for sure that the reality will change because then you will have owned the law of change “Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)” From 13: 11
Verily Allah’s victory is near:
- Allah has promised," to those among you who believe and work righteous deeds, that He will, of a surety, grant them in the land, inheritance (of power)",24:55
- Allah has decreed: "It is I and My apostles who must prevail….” 58:21
- Their intention is to extinguish Allah’s Light (by blowing) with their mouths: But Allah will complete (the revelation of) His Light, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it) 612: 8
- We will, without doubt, help our apostles and those who believe, (both) in this world's life and on the Day when the Witnesses will stand forth, - 40: 51.
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: The Last Hour will not come until the Muslims fight against the Jews and the Muslims will kill them until the Jews will hide themselves behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say: Muslim, the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him. And also the prophet said, “Allah showed me the size of my Omma and it will encompass the east and west of the earth.
Do you see all these Divine promises and prophetic prophecies? Doesn’t the land belong to Allah and He gives it as inheritance to whomever He wants. Didn’t Allah give victory to Muslims when they were true believers? Allah’s promise never changes, for Allah never fails His promise.
Your first battle is against yourselves, if you win this battle, Allah will provide victory for your Omma by your hands. And never get frustrated or feel hopeless that it is so difficult or impossible to get victory. “ And they ask you when is it? Say hopefully it is near.” And always remember that our Omma’s biggest case is Palestine until we liberate it in Shaa Allah.
What can we do for our brothers and sisters in Iraq?
1. Call on our Lord in humility to protect our brothers and sisters in Iraq and Palestine.
2. Spread the knowledge of the Omma’s affairs and problems through all the available facilities, especially the Internet.
3. Boycott all the American and British products.
4. Financial help to the Iraqi people through all the legitimate channels.
5. Correspondence with all the newspapers, magazines and famous writers to keep the idea alive all the time.
6. Correspondence with the embassies of the invading countries to protest in a reasonable way.
7. Boycott all kinds of artistic work that invites the Omma to wickedness or to make it unaware of its urgent cases.
8. Contact our brothers and sisters in Iraq whether we know them or not, by dialing 00964 then dial the code number for Baghdad 1, then 71, or 77, 51, or 55 then dial any 5 digits.
Finally, these recommendations are not the only thing and they will not solve our problems. The solution is in your hands youth of the Omma
“Verily never will Allah change the condition of a people until they change it themselves (with their own souls)”
Thursday, 24 November 2011
To the Youth of the Muslim Omma