Saturday 21 May 2011

Quran, Imam Ali(a.s) and Shi'a

Glorious Quran Chapter 3 Verse 103
And hold ye fast by the cord of God All together and be not divided ( among yourselves ) ...
Some Sunni scholars and commentators agree that the above verse reflects on the Ahl al Bayt. Here are some references
- Thalabi records on his Commentary Tafsir al Kabir from Aban ibn Tabligh that he heard Imam Jafer as Sadiq ( as ) say:
We are the Rope of Allah about whom Allah has said: Hold fast to the Rope of Allah ...

- Shafi'i is reported by Abu Bakr ibn Shabah al Din in Rishfaht al Sadi to have said:
When I saw People carried off
Their departure to the sea of error and ignorance
In the name of Allah I boarded the ship of Salvation
That is the Ahl al Bayt of Mustafa, the Seal of Prophecy
And I caught hold of the Rope of Allah, that is their Love
As He commanded us to hold fast to the Rope!
- A tradition from the Holy prophet ( pbuh&f )
I will soon be called away and will have to depart from you, but
I leave among you Two ( 2 ) weighty things, the Book of Allah and
my descendants. The Book of Allah is like a rope which extends from
the heavens to the earth, and my descendants are my people of the
house ( my Ahl al Bayt ). The Subtle and the Aware tells me that
the two ( 2 ) shall never part company until they come to me at the
Pool. So take care how you treat them after me.
As recorded in
- Musnad of Ahmed Hanbal, v 3 p 17
- Musnad of Ahmed Hanbal, v 3 p 26
- Sahih of al Tirmizi, tradition no. 874
- Kanz al Ummal, v 1 p 47, tradition no. 945 ( for the above hadeeth )
- Ghayatul Maryam, p 242
- Yanibul Muwaddah, p 118 -> 119
- Sawaiq al Muhriqah, v 1 chapter 11
- Safinatul Biharij ( Recorded by Allama Qummi from Allama Zamakhsari ) p 193

No comments:

Post a Comment